Infographics: A key tool to empower content
‘A picture says a thousand words’ – this saying is not only popular but also true. A visual always creates a deeper impression than simple words. This is the reason for the emergence and importance of infographics in content marketing. Infographics can increase web traffic by 10-15%.
Infographics are a stylized visual presentation of facts, which makes complex data simple and easy to interpret. These are used across a spectrum of documents such as reports, presentations and articles to convey data/information crisply and effectively.
An infographic, as the name suggests, has two components: content (facts and figures) and graphics (including color coding). Together, they make the infographic informative and attractive.
Data lends credibility to a write-up and provides a concrete point of reference. Visual representation helps readers process details more efficiently and retain them.
Benefits of using infographics are:
- They are a great way to tell a story. Graphics cut through cluttered information and showcase it more engagingly for the reader.
- Infographics can be shared on all social media platforms. They are easier to spot; plus, the content is not lost when readers scroll through their digital devices.
- Infographics are versatile and can be easily converted into prints or posters in case physical formats are required.
- They can be made SEO-friendly and help in increasing views.
Due to their flexible format, infographics can be used in a multitude of ways to represent various facts such as:
- Chronological data
- Qualitative data
- Directional data
- Cause and effect relationships
Here are a few tips to design an engaging infographic:
- Keep your infographic straightforward and simple. Do not go overboard with styling, colors and effect as they may distract attention from the main content.
- Do not overcrowd your infographic with information. If data is vast, use separate graphics for representing it; else, the objective of simplifying information will be lost.
- Your layout is important and needs to be given due consideration. Significant information and data should be placed prominently to ensure they catch the attention of readers.
- If your graphics are to be viewed within the article, design them accordingly. Maintain a judicious balance between space and text.
- Have a theme which is aligned with your organization’s identity and does not compromise brand value.
We have the expertise to design interesting and appealing infographics which grab eyeballs. Click here to see some examples of our infographics.